Our lifetime guarantee only pertains to the filling of your product. It is inevitable that one day the cotton casing of your product will need to be replaced. By carefully following the below stipulated steps, you can ensure your product is preserved for the next generation to come:
BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN AND PETS
- Rather not allow pets on top of your products or do so by your own discretion and risk.
- When dealing with infants or small children, always ensure that you work on top of a protective layer that can absorb any possible spills. Always discourage eating and drinking in bed.
Hex Valley Down cannot be held liable for spills that might lead to your filling being damaged.
CLEANING AND WASHING
- NEVER EVER attempt to have the products dry cleaned which can damage and cause the filling to become lumpy and ineffective for further use.
- It is advisable to make use of pillow protectors as it will absorb any possible moisture while you sleep which could otherwise go through the casing and into the filling. These we sell at R99 per unit or you can find it in most linen shops.
- When dirty, duvets and sleeping bags can be hand washed by yourself (for assistance, please contact us for descriptive step by step guidance) or, through our cleaning service we will gladly wash it for you at a minimal fee.
- Dirty pillows can unfortunately only be washed by us due to the density of the filling and the complexity of getting it cleansed thoroughly. At R99 per pillow, we wash, sterilize and treat the filling and supply it with a brand new casing.
All products can be sent to: P.O. Box 21, De Doorns, 6875.
- Rather not make a habit of laying on top of your duvet as by doing so, the filling is compressed and in the process loses its loft potential and the ability to effectively retain your body heat. The filling however isn’t damaged but needs to be shaken out thoroughly.
- Daily fluff your pillows and air your duvet frequently.
Do not vacuum pack or store the products away in plastic or boxes over a long period of time. When storing your products away, either make use of the convenient carrier bag supplied with the product as its design allows the products to breathe, or wrapping it loosely in cotton linen should also do.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PILLOW
Feathers, just like leather, tend to soften wit use which means that your feather pillows will lose a little bit of height (IMPORTANT: this does not mean they fall flat!!), which you can regain by adding a small quantity of additional feathers at R99 per 100g. It is therefore essential to buy the right pillow that can give you proper height and support to suit your specific body type (e.g. if you have broader shoulders and a long neck, a higher pillow would be the better choice). If you are unsure of how to choose the ideal pillow, please feel free to contact us and we will gladly walk you through it
Peace of mind shopping